The modern Web is constantly connected to the Web and exploits it for a variety of professional and personal tasks. The use can be characterized as nomadic and using various mobile devices often simultaneously. The Web experience itself is expected to be enjoyable, of high quality and consistent across all mobile devices, regardless of the purpose, place and time of use. Such mobile usage forces Web developers to evolve or re-invent their engineering methods and techniques to these new requirements and user demands. Web applications have to be tailored to utilize capabilities provided by mobile devices and the Internet of Things (IoT), and to deal with the constraints imposed by mobile technology such as small screens, low (and sometimes expensive) bandwidth, limited browser capabilities, different usage situations, cross- and multi-device use.
We call for papers that address the challenges inherent in a mobile platform, while also exploring the possibilities and challenges related to a platform that is always on, interacts with IoT and the user.
For paper categories, submission instructions and deadlines, please see the ICWE submission page.
In-Young Ko, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
Volker Gruhn, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Mobile Web applications utilizing mobile devices and the Internet of Things
- Optimizing Web applications for constrained mobile devices
- Adaptation and contextualization for mobile devices
- Cross- and multi-device Web applications
- Mixed- and cross-media applications on the Web
- Connecting the Web and the Internet of Things
- Sensing for the mobile Web
- Comparing native and Web-centric mobile solutions
- Ensuring security, privacy, and safety on a mobile platform